Wednesday, May 16, 2012

You're Welcome, Wednesday

It's 5:00 p.m. on a Wednesday and I am most certain that my day has been spent doing lots of things and yet, at the same time, nothing at all.

I woke up, fixed my hair, put on clothes (possibly the same outfit I wore yesterday...okay, it is the same outfit I wore yesterday), and then proceeded to do all of the things I was supposed to already have done. Did some laundry, picked up after myself, wiped down counters, dishes, vacuumed--the whole deal.

But after I was done I realized that cleaning doesn't actually take up that much time if the place isn't really messy. What does one do with a whole day? I'm house sitting this week so I don't want to go too far. And I'm not exactly an outdoors type of gal. In fact, most of my time as a little girl was spent inside my room reading, pretending to be Pocahontas, or playing with my Gameboy.

Does anyone remember Gameboys? They were the sweet, sweet nectar of childhood that I yearn for in these dark and depressing days of adulthood.

I had a see through purple gameboy and I swear it was my best friend. I took it everywhere. School, car rides, the toilet...

Who needs sunshine?
My parents got me a bunch of games for it too. I had a Barbie game that had the famous blonde swimming in the deep ocean, looking for treasure. Considering the fact that I was (and still am) a slightly chubby, frizzy, raven-haired girl, this game definitely wasn't my favorite.

What was my favorite game? Pokemon Red Version. It was my everything. The sun rose and there was Pokemon Red. The sun set and there was Pokemon Red. I also had Blue, but for some reason my memory doesn't look as fondly on Blue as it does on Red.

For real homie.
And because a friend of mine has been making music with gameboys, I've had my old purple friend on the brain. I told Kody that I want one for my birthday. He said yes, but that day isn't until November! What does a girl do?

Introducing www.gamenert.com. It seems as if my entire life (after my gameboy broke, of course) I have been waiting to find this site. What does it have, my dear readers?

A VIRTUAL GAMEBOY. WITH TONS OF GAMES TO CHOOSE, INCLUDING POKEMON RED & BLUE.

Hours later I look around me and find that Kody is asleep, it is one in the morning, and I am nowhere near victory.

If you wish to take back your childhood, go here. Note: The gameboy is red. Yay if your gameboy was red, but mine was purple so there is something lacking...

Another thing that I enjoy from childhood? Tea. My gram makes the best tea, ever. And turns out it's actually not difficult to make at all. So guess what's in the fridge right now. That's right. A pitcher AND a stein of sweet tea.

Enjoying tea and being rad.
I also had success with flavoring the tea with mango pieces. Kody came home with some kiwi, a mango, and a lemon. So, I took it upon myself to be as creative as possible by cutting up the mango and putting some slices into the pitcher and the stein. I would have put kiwi pieces in too, but I ate the kiwi and didn't come up with the mango bit until after said eating of kiwi.

This is what a mango looks like when it being guarded by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.
And now I leave you to your gaming in piece. I have to rest before I return to defeat Sarah. (That's right, I named my rival after the girl that stole my boyfriend in high school. Pokemon is no joke.)

Happy Wednesday!

-Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment