Saturday, May 26, 2012

And We're Home

It has been one hell of a week! But now the pretty pictures of the ocean will be put to a full stop because we're back in Sacramento.


Okay, just one more.

We get a few days (two) to rest and then we have to put on our working boots (my father's favorite phrase) and pack a house.

Obviously today and tomorrow will be pure relaxation days, complete with 24/7 pajamas (if you can call what I'm wearing pajamas) and minimal showering.

Thankfully, while we're sweating up a storm and dealing with a severely stressed Raj (my mom), I can remind myself that as soon as we're done we can go back to Santa Cruz.

Santa Cruz was amazing. The beach was just a block away to the South and Downtown was a block away to the North. We could be in the muck of society drinking beer and then turn around and be drinking in the view of the ocean.

Not to mention the thrift stores. 50% off the whole store? I guess I will be taking this green sweater vest, thank you very much.

My whole family is still reeling over the chaos that occurred on Monday from 3 to 6 a.m. but I'll be telling that story later.

Until then, here's a lovely photo of me holding a pickle. I'm quite proud of it considering I had to fake an injury to get Kody to feel bad enough to get it for me.


Faking injuries to acquire pickles since 1992.

Happy Friday!

-Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment